Ergonomic, good-looking, attractively priced, in Aluminium
ErgoSystem® A100 likewise allows budget-sensitive ventures to benefit from FSB quality. Its added gripping space enables the hand to take hold of it more conveniently. Its variable colour constellations allow it to be custom-adapted to any interior and setting.
ErgoSystem® A100 in Aluminium replicates the quality standards set by ErgoSystem E300, its counterpart in Stainless Steel that has been proving its worth for over 10 years now, and further evolves them in terms of handling and interior harmonisation. In so doing, it opens up options that can be purposefully tapped in Civic/Commercial and select residential construction ventures.
ErgoSystem® A100 takes the unique notion of diagonally aligning an oval grip cross-section a step further by increasing the gripping space available: brackets set at an angle of 45° to the wall give hands more to take hold of and are particularly conducive to side-on gripping. Wall, bracket and rail form a triangular structure that delivers a high degree of ruggedness and stability in both perceived and actual terms.
ErgoSystem® A100, which garnered the ‘ICONIC Award 2016 best of best’, is perfectly geared to virtually any application and location. Randomly configurable sets of handrails with bespoke profiles that can be cut to length on site make for simplified planning and assembly. Tray surfaces with and without built-in retention bars are supplied in standard dimensions as well as in customised lengths. The drop-down support rail is particularly flexible owing to its not being handed.
ErgoSystem® A100 cuts quite a dash in assembly terms too: simplified design engineering has given rise to fewer parts and these, in turn, are child’s play to fit adopting the assembly-shoe concept. Drop-down support rails and tip-up shower seats can optionally be attached to pre-assembled bearer plates for use as and when required.
ErgoSystem® A100 can be custom-adapted to specific interiors and settings by dint of its variable colour constellations. Safe gripping can optionally be aided by selecting hand-holds and brackets in different colours. Conversely, those for whom the issue of contrast is less critical can simply deploy the different colours as an interior-design style tool.
Materials and finishes
We produce ErgoSystem® A100 in six different colour settings, coatings simultaneously being produced with differing degrees of brightness.
These range from matt (FSB 8803 and 8809) to high gloss (FSB 8220). The colour concept involved draws on three coatings that are either supplied in unicolour or can be combined with each other in defined configurations of component colours or else accentuated with the aid of components coated in Aluminium Grey. Handholds, handrails and the surfaces of utensils trays – i. e. components subject to constant loading either by being gripped hold of or having utensils placed on them – are always coated in one of the three unicolours. Brackets, assembly devices, working parts or, indeed, applications on the showerhead holder that are infrequently handled may additionally be refined with the accent colour Aluminium Grey Metallic (FSB 8829, Satin Matt) in specified variants.
The standard colour combination FSB 8810 comprises, for instance, a handrail in Anemone White (FSB 8220) and brackets in Oyster Grey (FSB 8803).
Surface quality? Very good!
In particular, finishes on handholds, handrails and shelves and trays brought about by electrostatic powder coating (EPC) are far more resilient to cleansers, scratching or wear than conventional powders and procedures of a purely decorative persuasion. The powders used at FSB have their origins in facade construction – an area, after all, in which the most exacting demands are traditionally made of surfaces in the erection of facades or to account for climatic impacts.
The matt colour shades Oyster Grey (FSB 8803) and Anthracite Grey Metallic (FSB 8809) additionally
boast above-average surface hardness and outstanding mechanical properties and can hence be recommended for barrierfree areas in which particularly high loadings are to be expected.
Finishes were tested to the following standards and methods:
- Resistance to commercial cleaningagents, corrosion (DIN EN ISO 6988), scratching (DIN EN ISO 1518-1*), abrasion (DIN EN 60068-2-70*)
- Adhesiveness of coating (DIN EN ISO 2409)
* Testing as laid down in the standard cited
Definable brightness reference values
Fitting the new combined-colour variants most notably makes for a greater play of contrast so as to have account to brightness reference values. Where, for instance, wall tiles in a colour similar to the silvery grey brackets are selected, hand and grab rails can nevertheless be made to clearly stand out in either Anemone White (FSB 8220) or Anthracite Metallic (FSB 8809).
This is an utterly new approach that highlights rails and attachment devices. It thus allows the crucial plane of use and convenience to be lent even greater and targeted visual profile for the user – at the same time making day-to-day dealings with ErgoSystem® A100 even safer.
An analogous and similarly exciting design principle suggests itself for the white tiles still common, in care facilities in particular, whereby white brackets are combined with Oyster-Grey rails (FSB 8810). It is possible in this way to ergonomically and functionally redefine colour schemes or, indeed, to utterly revitalise them by dint of a pure design idea. Whereas visible contrasts determined by brightness reference values are likely to hold sway in the Public Project sector, our colour concept opens up wholly
new horizons for the planners and designers of interiors in the residential and sanitary spheres.
Features and benefits
- ErgoSystem® A100 by FSB conforms to all sections of DIN standards 18 040-1 and 18 040-2.
- ErgoSystem® A100 is certified to TÜV/GS (product safety).
- High resistance to corrosion due to powder-coated components being in high-quality Aluminium.
- Finishes were tested to the following standards and methods:
· Resistance to commercial cleaning agents, corrosion (DIN EN ISO 6988), scratching (DIN EN ISO 1518-1*), abrasion (DIN EN 0068-2-70*)
· Adhesiveness of coating (DIN EN ISO 2409)
* Testing as laid down in the standard cited
- Hands fit snugly due to the uniquely elliptical styling of the grip section, which observes the laws of anatomy.
- Brackets at an angle of 45° to the wall open up the gripping space afforded to the hand and make gripping particularly pleasant and reliable.
- Demonstrably less force needs to be exerted when taking hold of a rail and actually holding it owing to its oval cross-section.
- Making for optimum transmission of forces is a 45° tilt in cross-section, which in line with the rules of ergonomics allows the hardware to be taken hold of in such a way that a triangle is formed between hand, shoulder and the body’s vertical axis.
- The coherent end-to-end design concept underpinning the ErgoSystem® delivers conspicuous quality right through to the attendant accessories.
- Brackets and rail elements in variable colour combinations engender optimum visibility within a space and perfect coordination with their surroundings.
- Premium concept in terms of convenience, function, ergonomics and design.
- Budget-conscious option as investment and with systems running. Its modular make-up additionally allows individual parts to be replaced.
Variable product configurations make for flexible responses to changing conditions during planning and use:
- The grab rails can be supplied with non-standard dimensions so consideration can be given to specific requirements.
- Handrail combinations in standard lengths or as system building blocks ensure optimum solutions in any area of application.
- Gentle radii on all structural parts combine with concealed fixings to meet hygiene requirements.
- Barrier-free rail system with a singleminded target-group focus that exceeds general market requirements as regards planning, fitments and use owing to its demonstrable ergonomic and design merits.
- Custom dimensions as a means, for instance, of exactly aligning fittings with the joint grid or borehole layout available to order.
- Ease of assembly due to an assembly shoe concept with built-in lateral tolerance compensation of ± 2 mm.
- Drop-down support rails with pushbuttons and no visible wiring – this is run inside the rail and straight into the false-wall installation via the baseplate.
- ErgoSystem® A100 can be custommatched to interiors and surroundings by dint of variable colour constellations.
- ErgoSystem® A100 allows targeted consideration to be given to brightness reference values and bespoke design ideas in equal measure.
- This opens up options for sanitary-area and interior designers that can be applied in a very focused manner in both public project and select residential ventures.
- Its premium design quality mirrors the aesthetic requirements of a new generation of “youthful seniors”.
- A high level of user acceptancy is brought about by a wide variety of ergonomically-driven fine detail in all product groups right through to the accessories, which afford users a maximum of comfort as well as assisting them in everyday sequences of movements.
- The ErgoSystem’s modularity and versatility make for flexible responses to changing conditions during planning and use.
- The chromatic concept involved permits variation in the way spaces are fitted out or identified in, for instance, private wards or, indeed, hotels.
- FSB’s proximity to the market and status as a producer in Germany allow it deliver bespoke solutions and innovations promptly and flexibly.
The A-Flex solution allows spaces to be flexibly and demand-responsively fitted out with barrier-free ErgoSystem® A100 components in the same way as with ErgoSystem® E300.
ErgoSystem® A100 drop-down support rails and tip-up shower seats are also optionally available as variants for attaching to pre-assembled bearer plates that can be concealed when not in use. It is possible to cater to individual or changing needs in this way. The system yields benefits in the form of significantly lower costs for the initial fit-out, moreover, as the spaces concerned are merely fitted with a bearer plate and reversible use can be made of drop-down support rails and foldaway shower seats as used elsewhere.
Handrails made to measure
It is also possible to adopt ErgoSystem’s unique diagonal-oval cross-section for handrails that ensure safety in comfort in the likes of hospitals or nursing homes.
Handrails and the attendant bracket configurations are custom-produced by FSB to on-site lists of measurements. We will either assist you directly in arriving at these measurements or put you in touch with fabricators familiar with our system for this purpose. We will likewise be pleased to coordinate the checking and approval of works drawings for a given building.